I decided to share a few of my resolutions for accountability purposes and for that reason, I am going to post update:
- Throw away the scale - it is depressing, it just tells me that I am fat, and doesn't help me with goals. I weighed myself twice. I thought I was doing super awesome so I went to the scale for some reassurance. I should learn that the scale never reassures!
- Drink less soda pop. I do not think it was meant to sustain life, but I have been using it that way. I won't say I won't drink anymore, but I will drink more water. I think I've drank more water this month then I did all of last year. I did have soda pop at least twice a week, but that beats twice a day!
- Don't enable myself to stuff my face. I won't tell myself that it is all right and that I can start with a change later. The change needs to happen now. This could use some improvement! I have a strong emotional connection to food. I did, however, start cooking more and sharing that responsibility with Justin.
- Stop the negative self-talk. I would almost never talk about other people the way that I talk about myself. It is mean and down right disrespectful and I don't deserve that clutter in my mind. I'm still talking trash to myself. 'Nuff said!
- Move more. The couch and I are great friends, but it would be okay to get off of it and walk around more and maybe see what it would be like to do a crunch or a push up every once in awhile. I'm really happy with the amount that I have been moving. There is room for improvement, but I'm ahead of where I was when I set this goal.
- Stay in touch with friends and family more. I really DISLIKE the telephone, but it would not hurt me to email and send mail to people I care about more. I called my Mom more :-) That must count for something!
- Save money This is a tough one. Our grocery bill has increased because we are trying to eat less packaged food. I'm not drinking soda or spending spontaneously so we are a bit further ahead.
- Put make up on more - this will be easy as I think I may have done it five times last year. I put make-up on once this month, but not what I was hoping for!
- Get in more photos. Due to my negative self-talk, I don't get into photographs. This should stop and it will Toss up! In January, we really didn't do anything photo worthy. Maybe next month we can have some documented fun!