- Throw away the scale - it is depressing, it just tells me that I am fat, and doesn't help me with goals.
- Drink less soda pop. I do not think it was meant to sustain life, but I have been using it that way. I won't say I won't drink anymore, but I will drink more water.
- Don't enable myself to stuff my face. I won't tell myself that it is all right and that I can start with a change later. The change needs to happen now.
- Stop the negative self-talk. I would almost never talk about other people the way that I talk about myself. It is mean and down right disrespectful and I don't deserve that clutter in my mind.
- Move more. The couch and I are great friends, but it would be okay to get off of it and walk around more and maybe see what it would be like to do a crunch or a push up every once in awhile.
- Stay in touch with friends and family more. I really DISLIKE the telephone, but it would not hurt me to email and send mail to people I care about more.
- Save money
- Put make up on more - this will be easy as I think I may have done it five times last year.
- Get in more photos. Due to my negative self-talk, I don't get into photographs. This should stop and it will!
Justin and I in June 2014
Gained it all back, but didn't go over! 1. Weight loss: Somehow, through moving, a lot of emotions and simply shoving food into my face, I have managed to keep off 16 pounds. It is a huge breakthrough that I managed to see where this was headed and keep that much off. I joined a gym, I am counting calories, and really hope to see a significant weight loss when I see 2015.
We traveled to Utah, Colorado, and New York. Although I didn't get to Florida, I'm counting this one a win! 2. Travel: I LOVE traveling. I'm hoping to get to Florida this year, but we will see how many pennys I am able to spend. I'm also thinking Puerto Rico or the Grand Bahama Islands may be somewhere that would be good. I've only been in the US and Canada and there is so much of the world that I would love to see
Before we moved, I got things looking pretty good with some baskets, throwing things away, and using shelves. 3. Organizing the boat: We have too much in the boat and such limited space. It is a battle to try to get my boyfriend to downsize because he loves his electronics. I think a 69 inch television is a little outrageous and a full sized desk. My goal would be to have 32 inch television with some classy shelving on the sides (with doors) so I could shove some items in there to hide it. If we could get a smaller desk, he could still have his two monitors, but it would give us more space to be able to organize better. Organizing is difficult for me in any amount of space!
Do you believe in making New Year's Resolutions? How do you hold yourself accountable?