The Things that I know Now are:
- Kissing boys isnt' as cracked up as I made it out to be. At this stage, I don't need to flirt with a man to feel important, there are better ways to spend my hours during the day. Maybe a little flirting wouldn't hurt though.
- My Mom is right A LOT! I used to just think that somehow she popped into adulthood and skipped the whole teenage thing. Sure enough, she lived from infancy on and gained some experience that has helped me tremendously!
- I was not fat as a teenager! I remember looking at my 120 pound body and starting to run... wow... now I am not even sure I could run! I have learned to appreciate my body at different stages of gaining and losing weight.
- Respect is a two way street! I always thought people should have respected me more as a teenager. I was a blunt, disrespectful being for 3 years of my life and am surprised no one squashed me! (Thanks family and friends for letting me live into adulthood!)
- The last thing I learned is that I should have respected myself more! I didn't have much self-esteem or respect for myself and have learned that if I do not respect myself, no one else will. We need to learn to be happy with ourselves and then, finally, at last, other sane people will be happy with us too!
Please leave a comment, let me know you visited, and if you want, follow or share this blog with the buttons on the sidebar.